I have been furthering my attempts at being domestic-y and what not and after some good meals, Josh has been less hesitant to my time in the kitchen. Everything I have made for them (all of two recipes) I had my mom show me how to make before hand. This time I decided to try out a new recipe on my own. So I tried my hand at Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups. They were a big hit! Which was a good thing because I made way too many. Anyway here’s the poop:
1 lb of Lasagna
10 oz of Spinach (the frozen in a box kind)
Marinara sauce (I used Ragu)
15 oz of Ricotta cheese
1/2 bag of shredded Mozzarella
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper.
(I did most of these ingredients just until it looked pretty)
1. Cook the noodles in a large pan with a little bit of salt for about 12-15 mins. You don’t want the noodles too soft because they will be too soft to handle.
2. Preheat the over to 400 and mix the other ingredients.
3. Once the noodles are done, lay them out flat and gently smooth a thin layer of the filling on the noodle. And place in a clear Pyrex. Repeat until noodles are gone.
4. Pour the marinara sauce over the noodles, this keeps them tender while in the over
5. Pop in the oven for 30 mins and serve!
The thin layer is important, I started out thick because I thought it looked better but then you run out of filling. This is when we made more filling to finish the rest of the noodles but then we had to make more noodles. It was like something from a tv show. We wound up with two big Pyrex of these things and the boys were eating them for days. At least they were good.